About NFC

The Namibia Film Commission (NFC) is a statutory body that was established by Act 6 of Parliament in 2000 to support, encourage and promote film productions as well as the development of the film industry in Namibia. Friendly and competent personnel is dedicated to manage any kind of inquiries and helps to put ideas into action. The NFC acts as a liaison between foreign and local production companies assisting in obtaining permits from government agencies such as work permits, permits for filming in National Parks or in obtaining security services. With regard to production service providers, who will supply local crews and technical services, location scouts, aviation services, catering, transport, accommodation or telecommunication, the Commission will provide the visiting producer with a list of experienced and reputable companies.

The NFC will assist filmmakers to obtain the following permits: (Forms available for download at the bottom of this page) Obligatory: Application form "Namibia Filming Permit Application Form Filming" Any commercial filming or photography in Namibia needs to direct a request to the NFC three weeks before arrival by completing an application form and fax it to the Commission. An administrative fee of N$ 1500 is payable to the NFC. Application form for temporary work permit from the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration. All foreign crews working in Namibia must have a valid temporary work permit to work on a film set in Namibia, even if it is for only one day.


Ministry Of Environment And Tourism                                                             DCA Form

Permit Application                                                                                           Information On Filming In Namibia

NHC Filming Application for a Permit                                                              NCAA

Namibian Visa Application Form                                                                     Swakopmund Filming Guidelines

NFC Film and Photography application form

Filming Minorities

Permission to film or photograph minority groups is requested from :

1. Working Group of Indigenous Minorities in Southern Africa (WIMSA)

Tel: + 264 61 244 909

Email: victoria.haraseb@gmail.com or makoni.kingspon@gmail.com

2. HIZETJITWA Indigenous Peoples Organization (HIPO)

Tel: +264 65 273 362 or  email kavari.hipo@iway.na /  hipo@iway.na

Filming in National Parks and Protected Areas

All filming and professional photo shoots in National Parks requires permission from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET). If a film or photography crew wishes to film in a national park, they have to fill out a form entitled “APPLICATIONS FOR THE CREATION OF VISUAL, AUDIO OR AUDIO VISUAL RECORDINGS AND PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY IN PARKS OF THE MINISTRY”.

Ministry of Environment and Tourism

The Director

Mr Cogar Sikopo

Parks and Wildlife Management

Tel: +264 61 284 2518 | Fax: + 264 245 160

Website: www.met.gov.na

Production Expenditure

Location Production Expenditure Report All film production companies are requested to complete a Location Production Expenditure Report after completion of filming. The report serves the Namibia Film Commission as feedback and support. Two edited copies of the finished product for our archives For record purposes we request to provide us with two copies of the finished product which should to be directed to the Namibia Film Commission.

Download :  Expenditure Report

Banking Details

Bank details Account name: Namibia Film Commission Secretariat

Bank name: First National Bank of Namibia

Account number: 62086706515

Branch: Windhoek Commercial Suite

Branch code: 281-972

Swift code: FIRNNANX

Bank details for the Ministry of Home Affairs

Bank Name: Bank of Namibia

Branch Code 980172

Account Holder Ministry of Home Affairs

Account Number 165003

Swift code CBKNNANX


Tax and Financial

VAT charge on most goods and services procured in Namibia can be claimed back.